ReSound Mini Mic
In the past, I’ve blogged about the many accessories that ReSound has built to work with their Alera line of hearing instruments and their Verso line of instruments. To refer to that blog, click HERE. Today I’d like to focus mainly on just one of the accessories: the Mini Mic.
The ReSound Mini Mic and a hearing aid
First of all, your hearing aid needs to be able to use a Bluetooth signal…that means that CIC (Completely-in-the-Canal) styles and IIC (Invisible-in-the-Canal) styles will not be able to use the Mini Mic.
The Mini Mic uses 2.4 GHz technology to stream sound directly to your hearing aids from many different sources. Patients have come up with some really creative ways to use the Mini Mic, and they have shared them with me. In turn, I will share with you:
- Use the Mini Mic in a meeting at work…place it in the middle of the table or have the talkers pass it back and forth. That way, you always get a clean and concise signal into the hearing aids and you will not miss out on what is being said.
- Place the Mini Mic next to the speakers on your television. The sound will be picked up and transported directly into your hearing aids.
- Take the Mini Mic to a restaurant or group setting where you difficulty hearing…whomever is talking can speak directly into it and the sound will stream directly to your hearing aids.
- If you are the driver of a car and have backseat passengers, give them the Mini Mic so you can have a conversation while you drive.
- Pair the Mini Mic with your laptop or iPod to stream music directly to your hearing aids.
- At a conference or convention, place the Mini Mic up at the speaker’s podium or stand to be sure you get a clear, comfortable signal.
The Mini Mic is portable and small…and the battery lasts more than 8 hours before needing to be recharged. Recharging to full charge takes about 3 hours, and it is possible for a talker to wear the Mini Mic on a lanyard.
You can activate the Mini Mic by using the Remote Control or by pushing the button on your hearing aids, just ask your hearing healthcare professional to configure your settings so that you can have control. The Mini Mic also has a volume control on it, as well as a low battery setting to let you know when you are losing power.
If you are looking for a versatile hearing solution for multiple situations, check out the ReSound Mini Mic! You won’t be disappointed!
Until next time,